Location: Calvert – Kagaru (Stage 1), QLD/Narromine – Parkes (Stage 1), NSW
Client: ARTC / WSP
Year Completed: April – June 2016
Bennett + Bennett were engaged to complete surveying for a 53km stretch of land proposed for the new inland rail from Calvert to Kagaru in Queensland and a 110km from Narromine to Parkes in New South Wales.
Multiple survey teams were deployed and worked to ensure efficient and timely completion of works.
They were able to liaise effectively with all key stakeholders to follow ARTC property access and communication procedures.
- 5km survey control network along the route of the proposed corridor.
- Property boundary ties to existing cadastral reference marks.
- Drone Services provided
- LIDAR verification at regular intervals along the corridor.
- Verification Survey every 100m sections.
- Power line and road crossings
- Signs, signals
- Conducted detail surveys of the rail tie in sites using a combination of survey equipment:
- GPS for soft scape. – Total station for track ballast, rail furniture and signage.
- Rail trolley for precise location of the track