Survey construction set out package for Queen’s Wharf, Brisbane awarded to B+B
The Queen’s Wharf precinct is undergoing a revitalisation to transform the north bank of the Brisbane CBD into a world class destination. The project incorporates a variety of land uses including a world-class integrated resort, numerous hotels, shopping and dining precinct, offices, residential apartment building and a substantial plaza areas.
Queen’s Wharf Brisbane Facts:
- Largest urban development site in the Southern Hemisphere
- The site covers more than 26 hectares across land and water
- $3.6 Billion development
- Estimated to have 2,000 workers at the peak of the construction period
- Core of the development due to open to the public in 2023
- Expected to attract an additional 1.39 million tourists each year
- The historic Queen’s Wharf precinct is the birthplace of European settlement nearly 200 years ago, and home to indigenous Australians for thousands of years.
Below is the original Wharf survey plan (B351) signed by the Surveyor General on 4th December, 1864.
(Note: ‘shewing’ is the old term used for ‘showing’)
To learn more about Queen’s Wharf Brisbane, visit www.queenswharfbrisbane.com.au or visit their Facebook page www.facebook.com/queenswharfbrisbane/.