Survey construction set out package for Queen’s Wharf, Brisbane awarded to B+B
The Queen’s Wharf precinct is undergoing a revitalisation to transform the north bank of the Brisbane CBD into a world class destination. The project incorporates a variety of land uses including a world-class integrated resort, numerous hotels, shopping and dining precinct, offices, residential apartment building and a substantial plaza areas.
Queen’s Wharf Brisbane Facts:
- Largest urban development site in the Southern Hemisphere
- The site covers more than 26 hectares across land and water
- $3.6 Billion development
- Estimated to have 2,000 workers at the peak of the construction period
- Core of the development due to open to the public in 2023
- Expected to attract an additional 1.39 million tourists each year
- The historic Queen’s Wharf precinct is the birthplace of European settlement nearly 200 years ago, and home to indigenous Australians for thousands of years.
Below is the original Wharf survey plan (B351) signed by the Surveyor General on 4th December, 1864.
(Note: ‘shewing’ is the old term used for ‘showing’)
Bennett + Bennett’s Involvement:
- 2013 – Current: Engaged by Destination Brisbane Consortium (DBC) to provide titling advice for this complex site, which includes freehold, state hold, Public Reserves, Tidal boundaries, easements and leasehold lands. Bennett + Bennett assisted in the design process by providing extensive detail and due diligence surveys. These complex detail surveys utilised laser scanning and photogrammetry to provide a comprehensive overview of features in the area including heritage and other buildings within the precinct or adjoining, as well as roads, Riverside Expressway and overpasses, existing landscaping, the river foreshore and the Brisbane River bed.
- 2017 (March): Engaged by Probuild to complete William Street services diversions and control for shoring wall and main basement excavation(early works)
- 2018 (June): Engaged by Multiplex Constructions to supply surveying services on Waterline Park and Goodwill Bridge extension areas.
- 2019 ( May): Engaged by Mainland Civil to control detailed excavation and commencement of basement foundations.
- 2019 (September): Engaged by Multiplex Constructions as the head surveyor to maintain site set out control throughout the construction period of the Integrated Resort Development (IRD);