Steel being laid
The completed footing
Back in August 2021 we announced that we had successfully tendered for the MacIntyre Wind Farm (South West of Warwick) and the Construction phase is now well underway…..
This project run by ACCIONA is one of the largest onshore wind farms in the world and is contributing to the states decarbonisation commitments and climate change mitigation strategies.
The sheer scale of these turbine bases is incredible – this one in the pictures above:
- The Volume of Steel and Concrete is 660 cubic Metres
- The completed wind turbine tips will be will be approximately 230 metres high from the base
- There are 180 Turbines in this project.
- There will be 1,026 Megawatts (MW) of Capacity overall, and
- 700,000 Households will be supplied
Our team are enjoying the experience of work in the region and have come across a very inquisitive Donkey and 2 camels….see below.
Bennett + Bennett Partner & Infrastructure Manager Matt Strahley says the project is moving along nicely “Our surveyors are working well within the onsite Acciona Construction Teams and the project is progressing well despite the challenges posed by the Wet last few months. We are excited to see the array of incoming renewables projects across Queensland and being successfully involved in MacIntyre provides us a solid experience base to deliver these projects over the next decade.”