Larrakeyah & Coonawarra Barracks
Larrakeyah, Northern Territory [NT]
$500 M project which will include upgrades to provide new facilities and infrastructure for Australian and visiting Defence personnel.
Larrakeyah Barracks services the Royal Australian Navy, Army and Joint Task Force units for the Darwin area. Coonawarra Base (waterfront) is a tenant base located within the lower south side of Larrakeyah. Combined they support Australian and visiting International warships conducting a range of operational activities.
The project involves upgrades to infrastructure, refurbishments and new structures, accommodation buildings, mess facilities, car parking, sewerage, stormwater and more. It is predicted to take around 10 years to complete.
Full site survey which included:
- Establishment of survey control
- Aerial photogrammetry survey
- Laser scanning of buildings & other structures
- Cable location & potholing of all in-ground services, including CCTV analysis of damaged pipes
- Bathymetric survey & seismic survey of immediate seabed & basin (ecologists engaged to monitor sea life safety)
- Measurements of individual building across entire site
- Civil & construction set out
Client: Laing O’Rourke (D&C Package) / Malikos
Year: 2016 – ongoing